Monday, May 13, 2013

Heart of A Tinker Saturday



My friend Cassandra hosted a fabulous event at her home on a Springtime Saturday.  She made a most beautiful tea luncheon almost too pretty to eat!  We created 2 wonderful projects and shared lots of laughter and fun.













Along the roadsides the phlox were  blooming!  Such a beautiful place to snap some quick photos!


The swap was a created wall pocket organizer.  This is  the one Cassandra made for me!  I adore it...  it is so perfect  in my art studio!


  

I knew I  wanted to create something  out of the ordinary for Cassandra  and I came up with the idea of using a 1900's christening dress!  The bottom was cut shorter and used to make pockets and I used vintage hankies to make more pockets.  I love the way it turned out!









 I love events such as this where I gather with like minded artists and spend a day of pure pleasure.  Thank you for such a memorable day Cassi!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I love the wall pockets they are so creative and beautiful! Take care, Darlene

Laurie said...

Wow -- I adore both of your wall pockets! I'm getting excited to meet you in person at Karla's -- soon!