Friday, March 28, 2014

Prep Days for My Cottage Chic Sale!

I had such a ball the week or two before my big opening of The Shabby Chic Shack in Mount Dora.  I gathered with dear friends in Tampa and shopped for last minute treasures, created bath treats, and put finishing touches on art pieces for the big weekend!






A gorgeous Victorian wedding dress gifted to me from my dear friend Christine a few months before was destined to be the main backdrop of The Shabby Chic Shack. 




I spent a weekend outdoors hand stitching this patio umbrella with assorted pieces of  vintage lace, crochet and forgotten fabrics... This will  be a main showpiece of The Cottage Chic Sale!  Lemonade and cupcakes on a shabby buffet will await guests under this welcoming little chateau!



One of my main embellished signature pieces I created was this..  I found this piece at a thrift store.  It is a large wall size piece.   It was beautiful to begin with, but I knew it was my job to take it to another level..




I adored the finished result!  I used vintage laces I dyed and stiffened,  special rhinestone and pearl fabrics and trims, and more....







 I could hardly wait for the day to come to open The Shabby Chic Shack and greet many long time and new followers and customers! Next to come will be photos of the special weekend!  xoxo


No comments: