Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Lamp Makeover!

I spent a wonderful Saturday treasure hunting and came upon these fabulous lamps... I had been searching for a long time!  Sometimes one has something very specific in mind, and these were exactly like what I had envisioned...  




I found a great pair of pleated white shades...loved them because of the way the look against the sheer curtains.  Very crisp and clean, I felt I wanted to add a little something extra....



I had a pair of 1920's shoe clips in the studio I had stashed away for the perfect reason and this was it!  I created medallions with them on backings of vintage lace and crochet.....




A few hand stitches to the shade and it is the perfect finishing touch!




They have taken their place on my nightstands and have made me
and my bedroom oh-so-happy!  :):):)



No comments: